Colors and Contrast
As an aid to readability we have tried to ensure a good level of contrast between text and background colours. You may also browse the site using a 'High contrast Theme' or the 'Standard Theme'. This option is always available from the footer.
On certain browsers you can override our design and use your own preferred colour scheme. Instructions on how to change background and font colors for common web browsers appear below; for other setups you will need to consult your browser's help pages.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Select Tools from the menu bar
- Select Internet options
- Select the General tab
- Click the button marked Accessibility
- To remove background and font colors, tick the checkbox labelled "Ignore colors specified on web pages"
- Click the button marked Colors in General tab
- Choose your own preferred colors for text, page background and links
- Un-tick checkbox called “use windows colors” and click OK
- Select Options from the Tools menu
- Click on the Content button
- Under the "Fonts and Colors" sub-heading, press the button labelled "Colors..."
- Make your selections
- Un-tick checkbox “Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above” and click OK